12.30.2008

Senator Fehrenbox

No need to be a presidential candidate to do a fact check on those around you - just listen...

What percent of people's statements are false?


In speaking with a new found friend regarding a very important topic, I was concerned when the information brought to the table on their behalf was, in fact, not true. How long had this opinion been developing, mind scheming, frustrations building - over something inaccurate? So naturally, I quickly corrected the fallacy and start in on the lecture against letting other people determine your opinions. And in my moment of haste I was mercilessly humbled. How many tales have I told? How many truths did I stretch? How many 'close enoughs' did I share with others and cause them to walk away fancied by a fib?

Frank McCourt says it plainly - "you have to study and learn so that you can make up your own mind about history and everything else but you can’t make up an empty mind. Stock your mind. You might be poor, your shoes might be broken, but your mind is a palace."

Vote for Senator Fehrenbox - for a fallaciously free world.

1 comment:

Talia said...

"i did not drink your juicy juice..." the words of a "stretcher of truths."

:-P